dangerous pianos

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 08:22:08 -0400

Terry,
         An over reaction to be sure. I've encountered a case like the one=
=20
previously described and while I was somewhat amazed that someone would=20
remove plate screws without letting down tension I was certainly not=20
frightened. Once reinstalled, the piano came back into tune in only a one=20
pass tuning too! The plate does carry the vast majority of tension after=20
all. Ever see the Astin-Weight website?

Greg