New Screws in New Pinblock

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 14:25:10 -0500

>I agree. I could do the whole thingee in one shot but I find that the
>'pre-threading makes for less screw head deformation on the new screws and
>fewer
>screwdriver slips @6&&*^$#@!!!!!! when installing the new screws in the
>regilded
>plate. :-)
>Jim Bryant (FL)

Oh yes, there is that. I've got a piece of scrap Delignit out in the shop
drying for the next couple of days. A dab of varnish sanding sealer (which
I had on hand) made the screws go in much easier than the dry one. I left
one doped one in, and pulled the other to reinsert after everything dries.
I'll post the results, disaster or benefit.