Accu-Just Hitch Pins

Richard Strang rstrang@pa.inter.net
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 18:52:46 -0500

The piano sounds pretty good now, even with the messed up bass strings. I
think what I'll do is get a hold of a good down bearing gauge and measure
the strings as they are now, then duplicate it. How's that sound?

Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of Ron Nossaman
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 6:05 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Accu-Just Hitch Pins

>Looking at the bright side, pretty much anything you do will fall within
>the factory specifications.

Everyone a winner!

>As it happens I have a Baldwin with Acu-Just pins in the shop right now
>which I was planning to start stringing tomorrow.  So, this discussion has
>passed from the theoretical realm into the practical.  I thought I knew
>what I was doing, but now I'm not so sure.

I'd start with what crown you had to work with in the killer octave while
the strings were still on, and take it from there. I expect there wasn't
much, if any, which would mean I'd go lightly on the bearing.

>A red letter day.  This certainly underlines your statement that these
>readings ought to be in degrees to prevent this confusion.
>
>Phil F

There are hundreds of linear, volume, and weight units out there to muck us
up. Angles should be pretty simple, but we seem to get everything BUT
degrees.

Ron N