Accu-Just Hitch Pins

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 19:10:59 -0500

>The piano sounds pretty good now, even with the messed up bass strings. I
>think what I'll do is get a hold of a good down bearing gauge and measure
>the strings as they are now, then duplicate it. How's that sound?
>
>Richard

Sounds like a good approach to me. You might also cut a small maple wedge
to record the height of the hitch loops above the plate at the ends of the
bass section. Slide the wedge under the first loop (lying on the plate)
until it touches the loop, mark the depth at which it touches on the wedge,
label it #1. Flip the wedge over and slide it in at the top of the bass
section. Mark it and label it #? - whatever. When you re-install the
strings and set the bearing, the wedge will give you another reality check
against what was there originally.

Ron N