argh!

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 22:33:00 -0500

Got a call from one of my churches the other day. They had a broken string.
Really? Who'd have thought? "Do you want it tuned while I'm there?", I
asked. "No", he replied, "You tuned it not that long ago and it still
sounds fine to me. Just the string".

Yamaha G-3, last tuned in March, at 72° and 45% RH. The building today was
at 74° and 77% RH. The piano sounded absolutely wretched. But it couldn't
be too bad, no longer than it had been since I tuned it - never mind the
32% RH change since then.

Duuh.

Argh.
Ron N