older steinway grands

Jonno Clarke jonnotune@hotmail.com
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 20:58:00 +0000

Thanks for the help so far. I have duplicated the knuckle to be the same
"Pre 84" as before but did not know about the "Abel light" and have always
merely just asked them to duplicate as per the sample. Where do I find out
more about the Stanwoods method ? It would seem to me to be crazy to order
new hammers and then file them down to be so small so as to get lightness or
am I missing something ? gram weights are no problem but repetition is and
if you weaken the spring to reduce "weight" you worsten the repetition.

http://www.msn.co.uk/internetaccess