Newly Refinished Plate/Avoiding damage

Charles E. Faulk cfaulk2@juno.com
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 18:23:51 -0500

Years ago we did a study on plate damage in the Baldwin factory. This
will come as no comfort to most, but we found that adequate cure time -
lots of it - was the best solution. We had to adjust our production
schedule on plate finishing to allow more time before bolting and
stringing. It improved things greatly.

In light of that now I sand blast and do filler repair on the first day.
Prime the finish on the second day. Wait a week. Sand the primer and
spray the bronze. Wait a week. I like to use a one-step bronze finish
that can be repaired easily.

Sorry I can't pursue this further with you, but I'm signing off to go to
Dallas. Hope to see many of you there.

Regards,

Charles Faulk