This Needs A Definitive Settlement was RE: 12 cents

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 11:36:23 -0500

Don wrote: "...if you pitch correct a piano ... and then tune it ... you
may find that you wish you had waited to do the fine tuning. Piano
frames shift. Sometimes this shift is very dramatic at the bass break or
other areas."

I may be wrong (always a distinct possibility) but didn't Dr. Sanderson
and others test this whole business and determine that all changes to
the piano caused by changing string tensions are immediate?

I'd have to go back and look, but I'm pretty certain that Randy Potter
has cited this information and stated, in effect, that the time-honored
belief that pianos needed to "settle" following a pitch correction was
not correct.

As this issue has a definite impact on the way we conduct business, I'd
like to see a definitive answer here, not just opinions or anecdotal
experiences.

Anything, anyone?

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO