Something to appreciate about our profession

Wayne R. Lutzow ibetuner@sbcglobal.net
Sat, 1 Mar 2003 07:59:18 -0800

Ditto !

Wayne - Sacto
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Wimblees@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 8:50 AM
  Subject: Re: Something to appreciate about our profession

  In a message dated 2/26/03 9:07:44 AM Central Standard Time, =
Piannaman@aol.com writes:

    Listers,=20

    While attending the PTG Conference in San Ramon, CA,(my first =
conference) something stood out in my eyes.  At 50, I am still =
relatively young in this business.  Those who are older are not cast out =
like they are in so much of the high-tech industry in my neighborhood.  =
People with age and wisdom are venerated and treated with respect, =
appreciated for the knowledge they have and are willing and eager to =
share with those eager to learn. =20

    Nice to have work that doesn't give me the willies when I think =
about getting older!=20

    Thanks for all the wisdom available on this list on a daily basis,=20

    Dave Stahl=20

  Dave

  As you are learning from those who have been in the business for along =
time, when you get to that stage, it will be you to whom the younger =
generation will look to for advice and wisdom. That is the whole =
philosophy of the PTG. You learn, and then you teach. We pass along our =
knowledge so that we all become better at our profession.

  Thanks for sharing. Hopefully we'll see you at the Convention in =
Dallas.=20

  Wim Blees=20
  (PTG member for 25 year, but still "young" at 58.)