Grey Market Pianos/Dealers

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 2 Mar 2003 00:02:02 -0800

One of the sub-topics of this thread is whether the "Dealer" should disclose
the facts of the Grey Market Pianos. If the "Dealer" is a member of the PTG,
he/she is bound by the "Code Of Ethics". Therefore, it seems to me, that the
"Dealer" is bound, by the Code of Ethics to disclose. If said "Dealer" does
not, then he/she is in violation of the Code of Ethics and would be subject
to disciplinary action by PTG. Another good reason to get the Dealerships to
join, IMO. Hopefully it would cut down on this sort of thing, somewhat. Or
am I being obtuse?
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)