Grey Market Pianos/Dealers

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sun, 2 Mar 2003 06:27:07 -0800 (PST)

I have wondered if this "tailored to climate" story
was first implemented as a "cover" for the fact that,
for a while, their pinblocks had problems. I've seen
many Yamahas from that period with loose pins,
regardless of where they were made for. Or, another
way to put it: creating apiano for a varied climate is
just more work so, for awhile, all pianos were made
"the easy way" until it became necessary to change.
But making it look intentional "saved face"-----( not
that that has any value in Asian cultures, of course!)
     P.S. I, too, enjoy playing on the "higher-end"
Yamahas. Nice pianos!
     Thump