System Three Varnish/epoxy/shellac

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sun, 2 Mar 2003 06:49:50 -0800 (PST)

One little problem, Ric!
    While the extremely brittle nature of shellac,
when fully cured, certainly meets my criteria for
rapid transmission of vibration, and non-absorption of
energy, Terry and I both live in a part of the world
where marauding bands of cock-a-roaches as BIG AS YOUR
THUMB find shellac a tasty delicacy, and, it seems,
adequate nutrition to fuel their program of Breeding
for Global Domination! I have worked on pianos with
the corpses of hundreds in them! (Yuck)
     It is also edible to "Camel Crickets". Pale,
non-operatic versions of the Tuxedoed balladeers,
which breed en-masse in dark places (like behind an
upright against a wall) then jump out and bite you
when alarmed!
     If you don't believe me, I will be very happy to
send some to you for companionship and verification.
    Thump

    P.S. The humidity also swings dreadfully here, and
I'm not sure that shellac is the best sealant against
moisture.

--- Richard Brekne <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no>