System Three Varnish

Sun, 02 Mar 2003 13:41:37 +0100

gordon stelter wrote:

>     Terry: Strictly for cosmetic reasons, I highly
> discourage the idea of using spar varnish on a visible
> board, instead of, say, NC lacquer.  The increased
> drying time of varnish allows more dust specks to
> settle in it, and as spar doesn't dry rubbable, the
> little bumps can't be easily rubbed out. Use
> traditional interior furniture rubbing varnish if you
> must use varnish, or lacquer,
>      Thump

Naht.... use Shellack... and polish it in french style as best you can.
It looks beautiful, lasts a long time, and by the time it starts
cracking a rebuilt instrument will have lived well over a 100 years
anyways... and probably been  used as the bass for a midsummers bawn
anyways.

RicB

--
Richard Brekne