System Three Varnish

Sun, 2 Mar 2003 08:26:48 -0800

Though working dust free is always a challenge with varnish, I quite like
the look.  I believe that interior varnish does not have UV blockers.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

Strictly for cosmetic reasons, I highly
discourage the idea of using spar varnish on a visible
board, instead of, say, NC lacquer.  The increased
drying time of varnish allows more dust specks to
settle in it, and as spar doesn't dry rubbable, the
little bumps can't be easily rubbed out. Use
traditional interior furniture rubbing varnish if you
must use varnish, or lacquer,
     Thump