Humble request: What to swab loose pin holes with?

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sun, 2 Mar 2003 10:10:50 -0800 (PST)

I have a relative "newbie" tech friend who has gotten
himself in a bit of a corner: Blasius upright, had
loose pins of various sizes.  Plate is out and he
needs to stay in customer's  pre-arranged budget on
this piano. Is looking for most economical, likely fix
for pins. (No block replacement or plugging.)
Is thinking of swabbing with epoxy, reppinning with
biggest "Lo-Torque". I already warned about recent
complaints regarding Diamond products.
Question: Which epoxy swabbing method/brand is
recommended? I have never done this, so I can't advise
him, but thought that an epoxy swab followed by CA on
individual still loose pins after stringing might
work. What think ye?
\     Respectfully,
      Thump