System Three Varnish

Sun, 2 Mar 2003 18:59:56 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Love" <davidlovepianos@earthlink.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: March 02, 2003 8:26 AM
Subject: Re: System Three Varnish

> Though working dust free is always a challenge with varnish, I quite like
> the look.  I believe that interior varnish does not have UV blockers.
>
> David Love
> davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

>From what I recall of my inquiries with suppliers (and/or their reps) lo,
these many years ago, they might or might not. I recall one rep telling me
there was no difference at all between the interior and exterior varnish
marketed by one of his competitors other than the label on the can and the
price. They had found it was cheaper to make just one grade and substitute
labels as required. For some strange reason I was not able to verify this.
In any case, the only way you can be sure is to use one labeled for exterior
use.

Del