Drying pinblock before stringing-slight clarification.

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 06:26:40 -0800 (PST)

I still disagree, Ken. As I have experienced plenty of
pianos develop looser pins in winter, when the
humidity is low, I believe that this will "open up"
the holes a little prior to stringing, preventing some
fiber tear on pin pounding and then the pin will be a
little tighter when the EMC rises. As I am not going
to test this scientifically, and as  I am a neurotic
compulsive perfectionist with a "better safe than
sorry"-"do my very best for the customer" complex, I
will continue this practice until someone shows me
hard scientific evidence, not just their opinion, that
it is worthless.
     Have a Nice Day!
     Thump