Dust-free finishing for soundboards. (Try again!)

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 10:16:24 -0800 (PST)

Terry,
     Here's how I built a dust-free finishing room
without big $$$$$$$$$$$.
1) Buy a portable "Mini-Building" at a scratch and
dent sale 1/2 price. Mine was 10'x12', but a little
larger would work better.
2)In the rear window spot build a square tube sticking
outside about 3', like wind tunnel, and put some
cheapo window fans in it, on the tail end. In the
front window put a screeen. Put a dehumidifier in one
corner with a drain hose to outside. Put a furnace
filter in front of the fans, and you now have filtered
air being pushed INTO the room, and the fumes going
out through the screen which keeps the gnats and
moskweetos outside. I like this arrangement much
better than monster, costly, explosion proof vent fans
sucking dusty air and bugs into the booth from the
otherside!
     Thump
P.S. For a "grand finale" I just put a stainless steel
floor in mine. Very moisture-proof.