Drying pinblock before stringing-slight clarification.

Mon, 03 Mar 2003 21:48:58 +0100

gordon stelter wrote:

> I still disagree, Ken. As I have experienced plenty of
> pianos develop looser pins in winter, when the
> humidity is low

Gotta agree here...but will be the first to qualify that I have never
reallly checked with an ol torque-o-meter to see for sure. Still.... I
could swear that my general experience is that pins get looser in the
winter when  the air is dry and cold outside, and the heating on the
inside dries things out even more.

But I respect Kens whats and nots enough to give him the benifit of the
doubt on this one... til I check it for myself.

RicB

Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.
UiB, Bergen, Norway