top ten pianos

Mon, 03 Mar 2003 21:46:10 +0100

I THINK...grin..

That Seilers have this nice impressive bass.... A bass lots of great
pianos would love to have really... but the middle part of the piano
always sounds kind of nasal to me. The top... carries that nasalness a
bit... but has a kind of bell like sound.... not quite the bell sound I
really like...but pretty ok.

All in all a good piano with lots of power... but looses it because the
overall sound picture is so uneven from bass to tenor to diskant.

I have yet to see a Namm show... and from what I hear of them am a bit
doubtfull that they are the best place to really get a hear and feel for
an instrument... to much noise. Still, one of these years I want to
go... Frankfurt is just around the corner.

Seilers, like Schimmel... would be in my top twenty..... Seiler a bit
closer to the top ten. But hey.... we all like different instruments for
different reasons. Heck... there are even a few strangos out there that
Dont like the Hamburg C.  go figure :)

RicB