top ten pianos

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 02:28:47 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: Nichols <nicho@cybermesa.com>
To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 8:20 AM
Subject: Re: top ten pianos

> At 03:31 AM 3/3/2003 -0600, you wrote:
> >Ah  you weren't at NAMM.  There you would have declared
Shimmel,
> >Shigaru and Faz best.   I think these three will be also at
Dallas
> >PTG convention.      Expect Grotrian and the three  German S's
> >ALSO to be there.
> >
> >Let us know about Frankfurt if you make it there..
> >
> >----rm
>
> So, Ric, at NAMM, what did you think of the Seilers?
>
> Guy

Guy,
    Yes Seilers good, very good.  That is what I meant by the
German S's.  Seiler, Sauter, Steinway, and another one at least.
Is Schimmel German?  (duh is me) or Austrian?  The makers of all
four speak German I think. The best pianos ever made are being
made in German speaking countries.
I think Seiler was at Chicago, so I hope they will be at Dallas.
Hope to see you there.
            ---rm