Bad day!

Tvak@aol.com Tvak@aol.com
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 09:04:58 EST

In a message dated 3/4/03 6:45:43 AM, lclgcnp@yahoo.com writes:

>When my little sister was 6 she was petting a
>neighbor's "friendly" dog, when it suddenly lunged and
>bit her face!

Animals understand body language better than English.  I'm sure that all the
dogs you encounter can clearly interpret your fear and they react to it.
It's a self-perpetuating situation.  You can turn this around if you care to.

As a dog lover, I meet only friendly dogs on my service calls.  They know I'm
there to offer them a little kindness.  The first thing I do is kneel down
and greet the dog.  Within seconds their tales are wagging and I have a new
friend.

OK, once in a while, there is a dog who won't warm up to me, but truly, it's
a rare exception.  Understanding the body language of animals is not hard.
Without a doubt the dog that bit your sister gave clear signs prior to the
attack.  Unlike humans, animals are incapable of deceit.

Tom S