Quiet(er) Air Compressor

Tue, 4 Mar 2003 11:19:30 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Smith" <dsmith941@hotmail.com>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: March 04, 2003 10:46 AM
Subject: Quiet(er) Air Compressor

> My question:  Is there any brand, or type, or design that is significantly
> quieter than others?  I live in a two-unit home area and will have the AC
in
> an attached small workshop.  Don't want to bother the neighbors.
>
> Appreciate any and all feedback about QUIETTTTtttt air compressors.

We have two oil-less compressors running in tandem right now. We can't wait
to get rid of them. They are loud. Enough so that we finally built a small
room around them with special sound-deadening insulation to quite down the
shop.

I'd suggest looking around for the slow-running 4-cylinder compressor being
offered by Sears and a few others under various brand names just now. Less
than $1,000 and seems to be reasonably well made and should be quite
reliable. Runs slow and quiet.

Del