Bad day!

Jonathan Finger johann@tollidee.com
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 14:27:07 -0700

I agree.

I'm a dog lover, so I get excited when I show up at a house, and I have
a 'friend' to keep me company while I work.  Now of course it IS the
owner's responsibility to have their dog under control, and even more,
to not have an aggressive, or dangerous animal.  At that point, it is no
longer a pet, but a liability.

I remember a customer I had several years back, who thought it was very
cute that her two year old would climb on me while I was tuning and/or
voicing.  She even took pictures.  At first I thought "the nerve!"...
but upon further reflection I realized, I am in HER house, doing a
service for her.  While I would prefer her child act the way I think it
should, it isn't my place to be put out by it.  And eventually, I
politely asked to be able to work.  It was no problem, and she was very
sensitive to the situation thereafter.

Jonathan Finger RPT

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of tune4u@earthlink.net
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 2:09 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: RE: Bad day!

Mike said:

"I get a whole lot of pleasure from the friendships I've made with
piano owners' pets and children during my visits.  Couldn't imagine
excluding them from my practice."

Yes, yes, yes. Amen, Brother.

I don't presume to speak for everyone, with all the variation of
personalities out there, but for me it sums up thusly: If I'd wanted a
job
without direct interaction with people, pets, moving about, variety,
challenge, and an occasional belly laugh, I'd have become an accountant!

Well, that's just me. (Disclaimer: No offense was meant and no actual
accountants were injured in the production of this message.)

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO