are baby grands better than upright verticals?

Jonathan Finger johann@tollidee.com
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 15:23:21 -0700

Sunnia,

The question of value can be a tricky one.  It depends completely upon
what you consider value to be.  For some people, value = cheap.  In such
a case, there are plenty of value pianos.  But if you're wanting high
quality at the best price (and not necessarily the lowest price), then
there are some upright pianos that I think would suit your situation
very well.

I think you can find some German uprights to play in the 10k price
range, that would make you very happy both in terms of touch, and of
sound.  Since I don't want to use this list as an advertisement, I won't
go into brands.  But I think everyone would agree that there are a
couple of pianos in particular, built in Germany that present a great
value in terms of quality to price.  In my opinion, some of these will
out perform some of the smaller "baby" grands.  Certainly worth looking
at when you begin your search. :)

Jonathan Finger RPT