Air hammers/palm nailers revisited

Jeannie Grassi jgrassi@silverlink.net
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 17:27:41 -0800

Stan,
I have a Porter Cable and used it, out of the box, with no additional
adapters or attachments.  Works like a dream.  And a big plus for me was
being able to buy it in a local store rather than mail order.  I needed
to be sure it was no overly heavy.  I guess some of you big and strong
manly types wouldn't care about that quite so much.  I love my palm
nailer.  I keep looking for ways I can use it other than piano work.

Jeannie

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Associate Editor, Piano Technicians Journal
mailto:jgrassi@silverlink.net
-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Stan Kroeker
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 10:44 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Air hammers/palm nailers revisited

Greetings to all from the deeply-frozen Canadian prairie,

Now that the subject of air hammers has come up again, would those of
you who use these devices (palm nailers) for pin driving, mind posting a
brief message to the list?  I would like some assurance that the Danair
RN-16-8 is the ONLY model to consider, or ... what are the experiences
of those who use imitators (Porter Cable, Bostich etc.)?

Just a quick note, please, with make, model and price and your expert
evaluation of the tool's performance (and what size compressor
required).

Regards,

Stan Kroeker
Registered Piano Technician