Is a Packard really a "Packard"?

Wed, 05 Mar 2003 07:00:49 -0600

Dear Grumbling Granola Groupie, a.k.a. Petulant Peta Person,

At 04:46 3/5/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>Dear Deluded Doggie Worshippers,
>      I have met many fine sounding pianos with the
>Packard name on them. Is there a connection to the
>autocar company of the same name? If not mistaken, I
>would certainly say that the logo seems to indicate as
>such.
>      Thump

The logo and the manufacturing location would certainly point in that
direction.  I have an upright and a grand in my database, and they both
remind me of the car I once owned and a battery advertisement.  Heavy,
overbuilt, durable, keeps going and going and going...

Conrad Hoffsommer PTG RPT, MPT, CCT
Decorah, IA

Certified Calibration Technician (CCT) for Bio-powered Digitally Activated
Lever Action Tone Generation Systems