What to charge a cruise ship

Ephemerum@aol.com Ephemerum@aol.com
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 16:51:22 EST

I service a ship with seven pianos one afternoon a week.  They want me to go
along for a cruise so I can rebush all the keys, along with some other
repairs that take more than an afternoon's time.  I'll get on in my port of
Key West, and either disembark in their home port in Texas (in which case
they fly us home), or stay on the ship until it's back in KW.

I know I can bring my husband along at no charge, but I don't know what the
industry standard rate is for this kind of work.  Do I charge my normal rate
or more?

Anyone know the drill?

Karin Schmitt-Read
formerly of the NYC chapter