Clyde's vent time # 2

Robert Goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 15:35:22 -0800

I don't remember who it was but I recall someone about years ago or so on
the list, (I'm not sure but I think it might have been Newton), who had a
client who told him he was leaving and to just go on in through the back and
tune the piano.  Well he went in, pitch raised and tuned the piano, and then
left a note that he would send the bill.  Well guess what...  the customer
called the next day wondering why he hadn't tuned the piano yet!  As it
turned out the neighbors were good friends and he ended up getting paid for
the job anyway, but wow what a lucky guy!  I think that one goes down in the
book for the most creative way of getting new clients.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV