Clyde's vent time # 2

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Wed, 05 Mar 2003 14:54:56 -0800

At 02:48 PM 3/5/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>After
>ringing the doorbell three times, I tried it.  It was unlocked.  Since I
>know these folks, I walked into the house and began to clear off the
>piano.

I NEVER EVER do this. It doesn't matter how well I know the people.
I decided awhile back that there's an invisible wall across even an open
door, until it is dissolved by a live resident or a note asking me to come
right on in.

Aside from the security system, consider the other possible entanglements:
wife arrives home and finds me in the house? Or, from your point of view:
Husband arrives home and finds a strange man in the house? A neighbor
sees someone they don't know walking in when they know the owners are
gone: they call the cops. Hapless tuner walks in, starts tuning, but
on the wrong day -- halfway through the tuning people arrive for a
wedding reception. You "know the people" but maybe you've mixed up
the address with one very similar, and a very similar house -- people
come home, find you inside, and don't know you from Adam ... etc.

Susan