What to charge a cruise ship

Marcel Carey mcpiano@globetrotter.net
Wed, 05 Mar 2003 19:48:58 -0500

Going on a cruise ship on a vacation is very different than going on a
cruise ship to work. The work condition might be extremely different than
when the ship is at port. You probably will have weird work hours and/or an
audience. Will they be able to give you proper shop space and time?

You should consider charging them your normal rate for a day's work. How
many pianos do you normally do per day X your normal tuning fee. If you end
up working only 2 or 3 days out of 7, then just charge for the days you have
worked. These companies make money with their ships, don't try to treat them
as you would a charity organisation.

Let us know how it goes.

Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke QC  Where the cruise ships don't even survive in the winter.