verrry interesting!! :-)

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Wed, 05 Mar 2003 23:04:49 -0600

><<  Maybe soundboard rising,
>increasing tension on remaining strings. >>
>
>Could be. I'll check the crown after I get the plate out and see if there is
>an unusal rise from where it was mit strings......

Presuming an already pretty high bearing in the killer octave (right), it
would still take a bunch of soundboard rise to make a significant
difference in tensions there. Given that the string breakage moved up scale
as tension was released down lower, it pretty much has to be plate
deformation. There just isn't much soundboard rise to be had in the high
treble. Pinblock fitting may be contributory, but I don't think it's primary.

Ron N