Parents not home...............

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 00:32:47 -0800 (PST)

After restringing an "heirloom" piano that had been in
a fire, I was requested by the customer to play it for
her daughter's birthday party.
     So I got all dressed up in my tux and all and
went to the nice subdivision in which she lived. The
party was already in "full swing", but when I entered
it became apparent that the mother was not there!
Sooooooooo here I was, at age 35, in a house full of
14 and 15 year olds, all getting drunk, with no
parental supervision. NOT GOOD! NOT GOOD! NOT GOOD!!!
    I realized immediately that I must leave, but
decided to play just a couple of songs as I feel a
very strong sense of "mission" in introducing kids to
the REAL music that our nation once produced! Then we
all sang "Happy Birthday" and I got up to leave,
having been there perhaps 20 minutes.
     But first I asked to wash my hands ( the keys
were sticky ) to which the birthday girl chimed.
"Don't go in the bathroom! Someone's having sex in
there!"
     As I was pulling out of the driveway the cops
pulled in. I just prayed hard and drove straight
ahead!
THAT was close!!!!!!
    Buying your kids liquor and leaving them alone for
the night is common around here, or so I've heard,
especially among the wealthiest of families. These
parents believe that it is better than having their
kids sneak out and getting into even worse trouble!
     And those Arabs think we're immoral! How DARE
they!
     ( Deflector shields on full, Scotty! )
     Thump