Actual piano question: Pin strength and chipboard Yamahas

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Thu, 06 Mar 2003 15:09:26 -0600

>Thanks Ron!
>     Yes, the pins were in too tight. But this, in
>COMBINATION with their seemingly excessive tendency to
>flex, is what made tuning it so very, very obnoxious.
>(IMHO). If the pins were rock-solid-rigid, it wouldn't
>have really been so bad. (IMHO)

As I said, I don't find a problem with the pins, just the installation.
Last time I checked, they are 2/0 pins, just like we buy from our supply
houses.

>      By the way: I live pretty close to the factory.
>Want me to drive oiver there and give them a piece of
>our collective minds on this? I really wouldn't mind!
>     Regards,
>     Thump

I wouldn't presume to even guess, much less suggest what you might do. I
suspect you'll do as the impulse strikes, whatever it may be. You'll do it
on your own though. I don't know you.

Ron N