Epoxy Man Strikes Again

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sat, 8 Mar 2003 10:00:22 +0100

Hello,

I can't see why the glue joint or glue zone between bridge and
soundboard can't act as a sound modifier, or filter. A too thick  glue
joint certainly should.

And the choice of the glue may change the resonnance frequencies of
the assembly too.

Beside I understand that the bridge and the board  have to be warm
(and dry) to be glued. Do you use the hot box before gluing ?

Epoxyes seems to be cook sometime, to attain their final hardness
temperatures as high as boiling water . I suspect we don't want to
cook our  soundboards as that !

Best Regards

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et réparation de pianos.