FW: [Experts] Is there an East Coast technician that can do what the West Coast technician can?

Paul McCloud pmc333@earthlink.net
Sat, 8 Mar 2003 08:55:00 -0800

I got this post from the Experts list.  Any takers?
	Paul McCloud
	San Diego

-----Original Message-----
From: experts-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:experts-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of kent@4te.com
Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2003 7:28 AM
To: experts@ptg.org
Subject: [Experts] Is there an East Coast technician that can do what
the West Coast technician can?

I bought a square grand piano from a gentleman in California last
November. A California PTG technician named Ray restored the piano in
April of 1993, and has tuned it since. The piano was in good working
order when it left California. I have been trying to get someone to tune
it since it was delivered 3 months ago. Most of the PTG technicians I
contacted do not work on square grands, and the two that I found that do
were not much help. I was given quotes of $7,000 and $9,000 to restore
it from those two PTG technicians. Ray (the California technician)
believes that adjustments, repairs and tuning would cost around $1,000
to return it to its pre-shipping condition. But the two East Coast
technicians want to start from scratch, and refused to touch it
otherwise. Is there an East Coast technician that can do what the West
Coast technician can?
Thank you, in advance, for any help you might provide. This has been a
very frustrating experience, and I\'d like to hope it could be resolved
reasonably.
\'Kent Taylor
(703) 532-8072
508 Lincoln Ave