Yamaha U1 regulation problem

Keith McGavern kam544@gbronline.com
Sat, 8 Mar 2003 12:05:29 -0600

>... Could this uneven or incorrect hammer return spring tension be a
>factor?  I notice it most playing pp, with una corda, especially on
>sharps played close to the fallboard.
>
>--Cy Shuster--
>Rochester, MN

Cy,

Basically, anything uneven across the keyboard is going to be a
factor to some degree.

Fixing what is obviously incorrect is a must to start on the road to
having a chance to achieve a touch response that behaves as you'd
like, and a touch that hopefully the piano has a chance of delivering.

Your economic budget, the technician's expertise, the particular
instrument and time are the ingredients to find out if such a thing
can be accomplished.

It's for certain improvements can be made to some extent with the
information you have provided.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731