Yamaha U1 regulation problem

Cy Shuster cy.shuster@theshusters.org
Sat, 8 Mar 2003 11:42:18 -0600

I have the same problem on my U1.  I've had the balance rail shimmed, =
and it doesn't help.  A few years ago, I discovered that many of the =
flange cords had broken, and thought that might be the problem.  When I =
had them replaced, the tension on them was very uneven.  You could tell =
just by looking, since the size of the loops was all over the place.

Could this uneven or incorrect hammer return spring tension be a factor? =
 I notice it most playing pp, with una corda, especially on sharps =
played close to the fallboard.

--Cy Shuster--
Rochester, MN