Need Stable Advice

Brian Trout brian_trout@hotmail.com
Sat, 08 Mar 2003 18:20:35 -0600

Hi Dave,

I'll preface this to say I've not had any experience with gray market
pianos.

I have had good success with full Dampp-Chaser installations in churches.  I
like to see the full system installed and it is helpful if someone in the
church is willing to look after it on a weekly basis.

As odd as it may sound, I've seen the Dampp-Chaser system call for water in
the middle of the summer as well as in the winter.  I am of the opinion that
the system, when kept in good working order and properly maintained, can do
a good job of micro-managing the environment it needs to to improve the
tuning stability of the piano upon which it's installed, regardless of name
brand.  I don't like inhibiting it's ability by installing only half the
system, even in normally humid or normally dry ares.

(And for what it's worth, I wouldn't even consider installing the heating
rods without the humidistat.  I'd rather see nothing at all than in
irresponsible installation.)

My opinion.  Others may think differently.

Good luck,

Brian T.