FW: Andy, another PTG list?

tune4u@earthlink.net tune4u@earthlink.net
Sat, 8 Mar 2003 22:36:17 -0600

You'd get awful lonesome on that list, don't you think?

It's like the aftermath of the 1992 presidential elections (Restaurant
hostess is speaking): "Ross Perot, party of one ... Ross Perot, party of one
..."

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO

-----Original Message-----..
    From: "gordon stelter" <lclgcnp@yahoo.com>
    Sent: 03/08/2003 9:42:34 PM
    To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
    Subject: Re: Andy, another PTG list?
      > Creating new lists is quite easy.  But, let's face
    > it, there are already
    > many hundreds of active lists for idle chit chat,
    > political discussions,
    > religious debates, and just about any other topic I
    > can think of.  So
    > I would say there is already no justification for OT
    > posts.

    Dunno Andy,
          Most of those lists are for people who share a
    common viewpoint, and it's just no fun debating
    someone who agrees with you!
          I, for one, would welcome a list where a wider
    variety of comments were allowed.... and would then
    honor the sanctity of the current list far more
    diligently, knowing that it was free of all sorts of
    OT stuff: not just religion, and politics, but
    isolated one-liners, general silliness, etc..
    Strictly technical-- for when I'm in the mood!
           We are, after all ( well, some of us, anyhow )
    multifaceted human beings: not just "tuning forks", as
    it were.  And I, for one, would find it MUCH easier to
    control my "OT Outbursts", were an officially
    designated repository for them ordained.
          And I have a suggested name, too!------------
    "The Piano Wire: Uncut Version"
         Those who did not want to participate could
    simply not subscribe to it. Problem solved!

         Respectfully,
         Thump