Professional identity

tune4u@earthlink.net tune4u@earthlink.net
Sun, 9 Mar 2003 08:25:21 -0600

Why do you make such a big deal about your name? You should be proud of your
Polish-Chinese ancestry! <G>

I get a lot of perturbations of "Barnard," the most bizarre is a variety of
junk mail over the last two years addressed to a Mr. Alne Carnabarnard. I
even got a phone solicitor who asked for me by that name(?).

Don't let it get to you, Ralph.

Alan Barnard (I think)
Salem, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of Ron Nossaman
Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2003 10:53 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Professional identity

Last week, I once again tuned the piano for the folks that for years have
looked at my pre-printed invoice and business card and made the check out
to Rahn Nossaman. This year, it was made out to Tony Nossaman. I figure at
the current name mutation rate, I'll be getting checks made out to Tycho
Brahe in about 30 more years. I always liked the name, but I'm not
particularly looking forward to changing stationary.

And we wonder why customers can't communicate specific piano performance
problems to us coherently.
Ron N