Email Technology Question relating to Re: prepped piano HELP! (xlist)

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:22:46 -0600

David:

He didn't do anything wrong.  He posted his message TO: Pianotech and
CC: caut.  Even the people who got it only on the caut list, would
probably get the "reply to" as the pianotech list.

dave

On 3/10/2003 at 9:33 AM David Skolnik wrote:

>Judging from the responses that Conrad received on PIANOTECH, but
not on
>CAUT, I must assume that his attempt to cross post, to both lists,
>failed.   The only difference I found between the two posts which
arrived
>in my IN Box were the "Reply To" line, however, I have not yet been
able
>properly configure a filter (in Eudora) to distinguish on that
basis.
>Question #1 - What is Conrad doing wrong?
>Question #2 - Eudora users - Can a filter be created to recognize
the
>"Reply To" line?
>
>Buccu thanks -
>
>David Skolnik
>

>At 07:03 AM 3/10/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>>Friends,
>>
>>It's a monday in the trenches again...
>>
>>Came in to find a message from one of the piano profs.  He'd done
some
>>preparation to the NYC D and says he will be doing the same to the
>>hamburger D before his Wednesday recital.
>>
>>I found:
>>-key letter designations taped to the damper heads. not a problem
with
>the
>>tape he used.
>>-nodes marked on strings (plain & wound) with MASKING TAPE!
>>
>>I do not like any tape at all on strings, and masking tape leaves a
>residue.
>>
>>Since little mushroom me is not likely to dissuade him from taping,
what
>>tape is the least offensive (for someone hell-bent on taping) to
use????

>>Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician
>>Luther College, 700 College Dr., Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045
>>Vox-(563)-387-1204 // Fax (563)-387-1076
>>
>>- People never grow up, they just learn how to act in public.
-Bryan White