Email Technology Question relating to Re: prepped piano HELP! (xlist)

Tue, 11 Mar 2003 06:47:36 -0500

David P -

At 11:22 AM 3/10/2003 -0600, you wrote:

>David (Skolnik)-
>
>He didn't do anything wrong.  He posted his message TO: Pianotech and
>CC: caut.  Even the people who got it only on the caut list, would
>probably get the "reply to" as the pianotech list.

You're right... and not. The ONLY feature distinguishing the two addresses
IS the "Reply To" line, as illustrated below.  Perhaps in asking my
question, I should have avoided using "wrong".  I notice that you are
subscribed to both PIANOTECH and CAUT.  If I may ask, how does your email
program separate mail from these two lists?  As I said in my previous post,
I have not yet been able to create such a filter in Eudora.

Cross posting can be useful, at times, when wider distribution of an issue
is seen as desirable, however, it can also create problems, such as
multiple messages for those of us who subscribe to both (or all three)
lists, or generate parallel, disconnected discussions.  It's a fairly minor
irritant, as it doesn't happen that often, but a question,
nonetheless.    Thanks.

David Skolnik