Email Technology Question

Tue, 11 Mar 2003 07:17:28 -0600

Folks,

At 06:47 3/11/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>David P -
>At 11:22 AM 3/10/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>>David (Skolnik)-
>>He didn't do anything wrong.  He posted his message TO: Pianotech and
>>CC: caut.  Even the people who got it only on the caut list, would
>>probably get the "reply to" as the pianotech list.

Ne'er did I think that my perceived emergency would cause such confusion.

>You're right... and not. The ONLY feature distinguishing the two addresses
>IS the "Reply To" line, as illustrated below.  Perhaps in asking my
>question, I should have avoided using "wrong".  I notice that you are
>subscribed to both PIANOTECH and CAUT.  If I may ask, how does your email
>program separate mail from these two lists?  As I said in my previous
>post, I have not yet been able to create such a filter in Eudora.

I don't filter/sort anything other than certain individuals/spams.  My
multiple posting was under the philosophy "run it up the flagpole and see
who salutes".  Time seemed of the essence and so I sent the flag up several
poles.

>Cross posting can be useful, at times, when wider distribution of an issue
>is seen as desirable, however, it can also create problems, such as
>multiple messages for those of us who subscribe to both (or all three)
>lists, or generate parallel, disconnected discussions.  It's a fairly
>minor irritant, as it doesn't happen that often, but a question, nonetheless.

Well, I got all three PLUS a copy in my out box. I'm getting good at
hitting the delete button.

>> >Question #2 - Eudora users - Can a filter be created to recognize
>>the
>> >"Reply To" line?
>> >
>> >Buccu thanks -> (murky buttercups?)
>> >David Skolnik

Yes. go to tools/filters and in the first drop down menu in the "match"
section, after the word "header", you will see a "reply to" option.

Under "action" you can then "transfer to" any mailbox by clicking on the
following button to chose from any of your mailboxes.

I don't do it personally so I don't have to search all over for new messages.

Conrad Hoffsommer PTG RPT, MPT, CCT
Decorah, IA

Certified Calibration Technician (CCT) for Bio-powered Digitally Activated
Lever Action Tone Generation Systems