Email Technology Question relating to Re: prepped piano HELP! (xlist)

Avery Todd avery@ev1.net
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 16:53:23 -0600

Hi Dave,

 >I just don't want to use the famous virus magnet for email.

Well, you could always use Eudora! :-)

>dave

Can't you filter a message coming in from either list and have it sent to a
separate mailbox?
>>Cross posting can be useful, at times, when wider distribution of an
>>issue is seen as desirable, however, it can also create problems, such as
>>multiple messages for those of us who subscribe to both (or all three)
>>lists, or generate parallel, disconnected discussions.  It's a fairly
>>minor irritant, as it doesn't happen that often, but a question,
>>nonetheless.    Thanks.

I've tried to cross post a few times but I always got some kind of message
from Andy that
said I shouldn't do that. I'm not complaining about it. Just a fact.
>>David Skolnik

>> >Question #2 - Eudora users - Can a filter be created to recognize
>>the "Reply To" line?

I don't think so. It can be recognized for a "from" or a "subject" line.

Avery