temperaments (a new tack)

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 03:12:53 +0000

Avery wrote:
Ron,

I'm going to do this but I think in a piano teacher's studio (where I'll be
doing two), I need to tune both
to the same temperament. Right? After all, it is the head of our piano
dept. Do I want to hear "this
piano sounds great but what's wrong with this one?" I'm not saying which is
which! :-)

Avery

Actually, the hope was to have ET and the other one that Ed posted... and
then have people say which they prefer, and why(which feels better, is one
more musical, etc..).  Look back in the archives, or I could dig up the
post.  We never agreed on a specific wording, but the idea was to make it as
"blind" as possible, not mentioning that the only difference was the tuning.
  Since I like to have pianos matched in the teaching studios, I was going
to retune one of them on my own time after a few weeks.  Easier if you are
on staff, rather than a contract guy like me.....

Ron K.