mutes

HazenBannister@cs.com HazenBannister@cs.com
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 23:24:55 EST

In a message dated 03/11/2003 6:00:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
piano@charlesneuman.net writes:
> Does anyone use the Papps spring mute (which I see in the Pianotek
> catalog)?  What exactly does it do?
Charles,
 I have used it for years on uprights,in the treble.I put it between the
middle and right string,tuning the left.Then move it between the right, and
left string of the next note,and so on.It is great,as it fits right over the
dampers easily,and mutes wonderfully.I had mine break once,and tuning
anything other than a grand,was a nightmare without it.
Best,
Hazen Bannister