Chinese pianos

Wed, 12 Mar 2003 23:00:45 +0100

Hey there Danny !

I think that it has been demonstrated many times over now that it is possible
to produce an inexpensive piano, put a bit of extra effort and time into
getting one of these just right for such a show, and impress everyone at first
glance. I think its also been shown that you can go so far as to getting the
majority of produced instruments as far as the dealers floor, or even into the
home and still seem rather impressive.... especially for the money. But the
proof is in the proverbial pudding as they say. What happens over time, with
use and exposure to climatic variations and the rest ? Work on some of
these... put them under a load and see what happens. My own experience with
similiar pianos tells me to wait until they get a bit more expensive... or
just buy a "sure thing" for a bit more cash to begin with.

JMV

RicB