Let's Get Real, was: PTG Needs The Money

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:40:15 EST

In a message dated 3/13/03 10:22:11 AM Central Standard Time,
Pianotek2000@aol.com writes:

> No matter how you spin this, guys and gals, the PTG has raised  the
> registration fee by a whopping 30%.  That's the bottom line.  Do any of you
>
> really believe the rate of inflation during the past year was anywhere near
>
> that figure.

Although a 30% increase in the registration fee does seem excessive, the
bottom line is that it is still one heck of a bargain. To put it another way.
We have not been charged enough for registration for so long, that when it is
finally starting to get in line of what it really costs, the increase seems
like a lot.

It's the same with the price of gas. We are complaining that gas went from
$1.15 to $1.60 per gallon. But I remember 20 years ago when the price of gas
went from $1.00 to $1.50. We're complaining about the price of gas that is
not even up to what it should be. How many of you are charging the same for
your tunings 20 years ago? I think I was at $35. I'm now at $85. Gas should
be at $2.50 or even $3.00.

For what you're getting in terms of education, the registration fee is not
high at all. Sure, I wish it was lower. Anyone would want it to be lower. But
where else are you going to get that much education for such a low price?

As I, and others, have been saying, it's all in your perspective. If you
think you're getting ripped off, then no matter what the fee is, you'll
complain that it's too high. If you think you're getting a great deal on a
terrific product, you'll wonder "how can they do that?"

Wim