HT testing

Thu, 13 Mar 2003 19:45:59 +0100

Hi Ed, Ron, and others who are into this one

I set up Tunelab today to execute the cents offsets Ed and Ron posted
the other day. I didnt get into the instructors room so I used the
opportunity to tune two Schimmels to this tuning. I created my usual
curve based on the P12th tuning I do, and when I had that set up I just
went through and entered the offesets for all notes A1 through F6 that
curve creates. A0-A1 were then tuned as 6:3 octaves referencing the
frequencies for A1-A2, and likewise F#6 to C8 were done as 2:1
octaves... perhaps just a tad on the wave side.

The temperament was of course easily recognizable as a relatively mild
non restrictive temperament. Obviously a well temperement. Course I
recieved three e-posts from list readers who tipped me off to the exact
temperement this was, but the general type of temperament was quite easy
to pick out regardless. Sounded quite nice to me really, but then I have
liked these personally from the get go.

I will get a chance this weekend to put this on the grand in the
Instructors room so we'll see what we will see. Tho I think at least the
proffesor will pick out what the deal is without any problem at all.

Whether or not I get any comments on these two uprights I tuned today
remains to be seen. Tho if things go like they have been, I doubt anyone
will raise a comment... but we will see.

RicB

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.